Tuesday, December 20, 2011



My meeting went well, I even had time to squeeze in some sausage, egg and cheese biscuits at an American fast food chain that will remain unnamed.  I have just arrived at the office and before getting back to work I just wanted to write you a little note.  I thought about telling you how much I enjoy you every time I see you, or how I have never felt closer to somebody than I feel with you, or how despite your terrible smell and complete lack of personal hygiene I could stay in bed with you forever, licking every single part of your body until I pass out from dehydration.  But upon thinking twice, I decided not to tell you any of that boring, vomit inducing drivel and write you a short, short story instead.  Enjoy.

Bugged Out

Insects are renowned for their ability to appear in the most unlikely of places; kitchens, bathtubs, bedrooms, office buildings, and in human bodies as parasites. So it should be no surprise that one should find its way into a courtroom. What was surprising was that it should appear as a witness.
  Cliff's building was a marvel of utilitarian architecture. It was a seven story housing unit, grey with bits of obsidian that protruded in the form of small terraces. Clothes hung from most of the terraces, adding an element of life to an otherwise lifeless structure; “ accidental architectural beauty” in the eyes of an archeological sociologist, but a “pain in the ass,” to the 75 people residing inside.   There were no functioning washing machines or dryers, no heat in the winter nor air-conditioning in the summer and since Cliff had contracted some local graffiti writers to render a version of Salvador Dali´s Accommodation of Desire in the lobby, there hadn´t been a renovation since the late eighties.
Its main commodity was cheap rent...

No comments:

Post a Comment